Walk-Ins at Wings On 5 are welcome to compete on Tuesday, March 10th from 6-9 p.m.
Do you think you have what it takes to compete in the hottest wing eating competition to fire up New England?
Competing in one of the preliminary rounds at Wings On 5 on March 10th costs $15 and includes six wings with competition level hot sauce prepared by Wings On 5 with Pepper Junction and Ocean State Pepper Co., one thirst quenching beer from Narragansett Beer and one 12 oz. hot sauce cooling milk from Wright’s Dairy Farm & Bakery. Preliminary competition hot sauce will range from approximately 350,000 – 500,000 Scoville units!
If you eat all six wings within six minutes, according to competition judging rules (see full rules below), you qualify for free entry (a $25 value) to the Main Competition on April 4th at 2 p.m. at the West Warwick Civic Center where you have a chance to win a pair of Super VIP Tickets to the NYC Hot Sauce Expo plus a seat on the Stage of Doom for The Death Wing Challenge, a national eating competition, on April 18th (travel not included, tickets a $200 value).
So register now for the preliminary round and prepare for your taste buds to burn!
Although this event is featured as a hot wing challenge make no mistake about it, this is, foremost, a chicken wing eating competition. The first contestant finished wins! You, the contestant will be judged on both the quantity of wings consumed and the amount of chicken meat remaining on the bones, or the lack thereof. With participation in this contest the following rules will apply:
- This amateur eating competition is open to anyone who is 18 years of age or older.
- Any competitor with a serious ailment or serious health condition may not participate.
- Participants may not leave their designated eating area during the contest or will be disqualified. Sitting or standing within that space is permitted.
- This is a no contact sport. Participants will be disqualified for touching another participant during the contest.
- Your goal is to consume as much skin and flesh from the bone as humanly possible; You are prohibited from stripping the meat from the bone. You must eat the meat directly from the bone.
- You are prohibited from removing any sauce from the chicken wing. You must consume the chicken wing as is.
- You are prohibited from using any napkins, paper towels, or clothes, or any material to wipe away the sauce from your skin specifically your face and/or fingers.
- You are prohibited from wearing any protective gloves or using utensils.
- Competitors may not touch the wing basket or wings in the basket before the contest begins. Competitors must place each and every finished chicken wing bone back in the wing basket. Failure to place wing bones back into the basket will result in disqualification.
- You are prohibited from consuming any liquids, foods or any substance during the contest other than the wings presented for the challenge. This means, no water, no beer, no milk, no crackers, no sauces, no ice cream, and absolutely do not eat your shirt at any point during the contest.
- Any contestant will be disqualified for vomiting or regurgitating at any point during the contest until the winner is declared.
- Any violation to any of the above rules will be automatic disqualification from the contest.
- (For qualifying round) Once the time expires the contestant must set down any wing(s) in hand. The Contestant is allowed to swallow whatever bite is in their mouth.
- (For qualifying round) After all your wings are consumed there will be a two minute cool down period where all the rules set forth above still apply.
- All rules stated here within will be enforced at the discretion of the competition judges. All decisions by judges are final.